When We Are Closed
If you need to see a GP out of hours when the surgery is closed, please contact Herts Urgent Care on 111 (18:30 to 08:00 weekdays and any time over weekend until 08:00 Monday morning).
Getting the Right Treatment:
- Pharmacist: your local pharmacist is qualified to give expert advice without an appointment.
- NHS 111: Call 24 hours a day on 111 for free medical help and advice. www.nhs.uk/111.
- NHS Walk-in Centre: West Herts Medical Centre, Hemel Hempstead Hospital, Jubilee Wing, Hillfield Road, Hemel Hempstead, HP2 4AD. Call 03000 33 22 33, Open 08:00 – 20:00, 365 days a year.
- Minor Injuries: Our Minor Injuries Unit is based at Mount Vernon Hospital, for patients with less serious injuries. The Unit is open 7 days a week from 09:00 to 20:00. Mount Vernon Hospital Minor Injuries Unit, Rickmansworth Road, Northwood, HA6 2RN Tel: 01923 826111.
- A&E: Injuries, accidents and emergencies should be directed to Watford General Hospital.
Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.